DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO MAKE A DECISION?
Sometimes what your heart feels and what your ears hear collide.
How can you justify that what you feel in your heart is the truth when your mind argues that everything is a lie?
(Is it even a lie?)
And how can you differentiate which is right?
Is it ego and pride that prevents us from succumbing to the heart’s desire to satisfy our brain’s justification of logic?
Is it hubris, not humility to follow our mind instead of our hearts?
Is it truly considered weakness and idiocracy to run back to something that you deeply desire and believe in, even though it’s something that has hurt you in the past?
—that despite the outside noise, it’s something you actually want to fight for?
That you crave for.
That you question whether the outside noise is others’ expectations.
Expectations that THEY think will make YOU happy.
When in the end, you undoubtedly know, that this will make you happy.
That you believe it will make you happy.
Where do we draw the line between desperation and determination?
When does loving become too much?
Has it become too much?
And when did the outside noise matter so much?
So much more than your own happiness?
We shouldn’t allow the outside noise to dictate our decisions.
We should consider them, but not abide by them.
Because it will only convolute what our heart feels and what our mind thinks.
After all, thinking and knowing are completely different.
Like a hypothesis and a conclusion.
One is an assumption based on past observations, the other is a proven result supported by tests.
So again I ask.
How do you decide when what your heart feels and what your ears hear collide?
- Not All That Glitters is Gold – Social media is everyone’s highlight reel; don’t get stuck in the smoke and mirrors.
- Sticks and Stones – Words are not hallow, but cumbersome and hold more weight than you realize.
- How to Get Rid of Jealousy – Jealousy is fueled by the desire to obtain the unattainable; let it be ammunition for motivation.
- Why We Should Lose Expectations – Expectations equate to standards, don’t let it dissipate because others can’t rise to the occasion.
- Elevate Your Surroundings – Make sure that those you surround yourself with are fruitful and wise.
Can you easily decide when what your heart feels and what your ears hear collide? Let us know by taggin us at #conqueringWonderland!